One lesson that I have learned over the past 20 years as an entrepreneur is that when there is a great catastrophe, there is also a great opportunity. I am not talking about taking advantage of those that are affected by the catastrophe, but rather providing innovative solutions to those that have been affected by the catastrophe. In other words: Making the world a better place.
Working with the National Center for Economic Gardening (NCEG) and the Edward Lowe Foundation, I am blessed to work with some really amazing specialists in market research and digital marketing. I received the link to this article which is very applicable to our current world with the COVID-19 pandemic. It is my honor to pass this info along with a few of my insights.
9 things every company must do to thrive in the #NovelEconomy
- Be digital-first. Internet usage has risen by up to 70% since COVID-19
- Innovative companies already have 2x the revenue of #digitalimmigrants
- Health, safety & sustainability matter
- Reimagine business + operating models
- Use real-time data to inform decisions
- Create digital platforms & ecosystems
- Empower employees, customers & local communities
- Collaborate to change systems & affect global challenges
- Use AI, machine learning, automation & algorithms to iterate & innovate operations + business models
Source: World Economic Forum
Many of the economist and futurist, such as Brian Solin, see our future growth coming from small businesses. Already, many businesses have been shifting gears to providing PPE and other protective devices for businesses and organizations. As an example, one of my clients made movie screens. With COVID, the movie screen market collapsed: they shifted to making protective screens for restaurants and other industries. Their biggest issue was in understanding the restaurant industry and finding potential customers in this new market for them. GeoWize helps small businesses explore new markets and find new customers.
Contact us for a free estimate on how GeoWize can help your company grow and flourish.